Väre Mechatronics (G014-G015) #
The general workflow for milling PCBs in room G015 goes like this:
- Design your board (see the sparate tutorials for that)
- Export your board files
- Double-check the specifications for the milling and drilling bits that we have available.
- Generate tool paths for the machine (.rml) for the specific bits
- Prepare the material (copper board)
- Install the milling bit
- Set the XYZ coordinates for the origin of the job
- Import the tool path and run the job
- Change the tool and repeat for all of the necessary passes that you need to do
- Clean up
Machines and Tools #
Currently, we have one CNC machine available for PCB Milling at Mechatronics.
Roland iModela iM-01 #
Milling Bits #
Aalto Fab Lab #
Please see the Aalto Fab Lab Wiki for up-to-date instructions and updates.