This is an accessibility statement from Aalto University | learn.newmedia.dog.
Measures to support accessibility #
Aalto University | learn.newmedia.dog takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of New Media Courses:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
Conformance status #
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. New Media Courses is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. Feedback
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of New Media Courses. All discovered issues are tracked using our GitHub repository. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on New Media Courses:
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Technical specifications #
Accessibility of New Media Courses relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives #
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of New Media Courses , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for New Media Courses:
- Breadcrumb navigation: Requirement: Breadcrumbs main element should include a “role” attribute that equals to “navigation” and an “aria-label” attribute that describes the functionality. Requires development. We are actively working on fixing this issues.
- Hidden links: Every page should include hidden links that by clicking on them (either using keyboard navigation or a screen-reader), the user will “skip” certain blocks directly to main landmarks such as main content, menu or footer. Requires development. We are actively working on fixing this issues.
Assessment approach #
Aalto University | learn.newmedia.dog assessed the accessibility of New Media Courses by the following approaches:
- The site was self-evaluated with the help of https://accessibe.com/
This statement was created on 19 June 2023 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.