Distance | VL53L1X #
The VL53L1X is a Time of Flight (ToF) module that is able to measure the distance to an object
- Operating Voltage: 2.6V-3.5V
- Power Consumption: 20 mW @10Hz
- Measurement Range: ~40mm to 4,000mm
- Resolution: +/-1mm
- Light Source: Class 1 940nm VCSEL
- 7-bit unshifted I2C Address: 0x29
- Field of View: 15° - 27°
- Max Read Rate: 50Hz
Links and Resources #
There are many libraries for this sensor. All of them should work.
- Recommended: Pololu VL53L1X
- Sparkfun VL53L1X
Using the Pololu library #
The Pololu library for VL53L1X is the best one that I have tested. It has been the most reliable ad most of the sensors features are available for configuring through the library.
- Go to the Libraries
- Search for VL53L1X
- It should be named just with the part number and it should say that it’s made by Pololu
Other resources #
You often need to filter or smooth out the data from these sensors. Check out the tutorials on the following topics.