Gesture Assignment (February 6, 2023) #
Work together in your group. 3–4 people. Matti will pick out the groups randomly. Note that this group does not have to be the one for your final project.
Think about the gestures that you use in your everyday life. What are some of the most interesting gestures that really take full advantage of your capabilities as a human being? Are these gestures associated with a specific object, context, or culture?
- Come up with a new gestural interface for some kind of interactive system or experience that is centered around this one gesture.
- It can be an interactive artwork, tool, controller, instrument, object, game etc.
- Don’t think about what is possible technically. You can pretend that it is possible and just works.
- You need to present your interface to the rest of the class. Try to create a mock-up of the interface in any way you can think of.
- For example, the other person is the computer/device the other is the user, act it out, fake it, use props, make a fake product-video, do an awkward product launch presentation. This can be very silly and experimental.
- You can also record this as a video if you want.
- You can also make an actual thing that works, but don’t spend too much time on it. This can be a very rough prototype.
- Present your idea in class on Monday, February 6, 2023 and document it on your course documentation site.