Evaluation Criteria #
This course is graded 0-5
4: Very Good
Active attendance to classes and discussions (25% of the grade).
- Show up and demonstrate that you are actively participating and engaging with the topic.
- Your attitude and activeness in class. Please note that this does not necessarily mean being very extroverted and loud. I also appreciate a more introspective and quiet way of working.
- Helping others
The final project (50% of the grade). You will be evaluated based on:
- Aesthetic quality of the work
- Novelty and creativity of the concept
- Critical approach to the topic
- Command of the technology
- Attention to detail
Documentation of the learning process and the final project (25% of the grade). You will evaluated based on:
- Critical reflection on your own work
- Quality of the audiovisual documentation
- The amount of detail and depth in the documentation
This year we have quite limited options on spaces and time where we can show our work, so it is quite important that you document your work well. I will provide detailed instructions on what I’m expecting a little bit later as I finish building a simple website for us. Essentially, you should be able to create at least the following:
- One short video of your project
- One or more images of your work
Artist statement of this specific work that you make during the course
- Note: if your work is more like a tool or research project, you can write a more general project description of your work.
- Additionally, take pictures, video, and written notes of your process. Each project will have an additional Process page where you can include these